National Trust property, Llanerchaeron is a small 18th-century Welsh gentry estate, set in the beautiful Dyffryn Aeron.
The estate survived virtually unaltered into the 20th century and was bequeathed to the National Trust by J. P. Ponsonby Lewes in 1989. The house was designed and built by John Nash in 1794-96 and is the most complete example of his early work. Llanerchaeron was a self-sufficient estate - evident in the dairy, laundry, brewery and salting house of the service courtyard, as well as the home farm buildings from the stables to the threshing barn. Llanerchaeron today is a working organic farm and the two restored walled gardens also produce home grown fruit and herbs. There are extensive walks around the estate and parkland.