This hill-top village is famous for its "castle", visible on the skyline for miles around.
It is, in fact, a folly built to improve the view from Rode Hall three miles away.
It was here that, in May 1807, Primitive Methodism was born when two local men called an open-air meeting which lasted 14 hours.
When the castle was given to the National Trust in 1937, 10,000 Methodists met on the hill to mark the occasion.
A Museum of Primitive Methodism is now open at Englesea Brook