The cast iron bridge over
the River Ythan at Methlick was originally
built in 1844 on the order of Lord Aberdeen
who lived at nearby Haddo House.
The designers were the famous father & son team of architects, John & William Smith. Eventually the bridge became unable to cope with modern day traffic and was refurbished in 2003.
This view of the bridge is across the "Laird's Cricket Ground", home of the MCC (Methlick Cricket Club).
|Worthy of a visit is this small country village's petrol station that seems to sell everything!|