Now a centre for boating, Loddon was once a
thriving port on the Norfolk Broads and has
many interesting features, including
properties dating from the 17th and
18th centuries, lovely walks and
The Church of Holy Trinity was built in 1492 by the wealthy Hobart family. Sir James Hobart, who lived in nearby Hales Hall, was Attorney General to Henry VI.
Loddon House was once a lunatic asylum. Loddon Water Mill Craft Centre stands on small bridge.