This is one of seven
lovely villages collectively known as ‘The Burnhams’ within the Burn Valley.
It has a fine boulevard lined with Georgian shops leading to a village green while the Church of St. Mary has a fine tower. Behind it is 18th century Westgate Hall.
Nearby Burnham Thorpe was the birthplace of Horatio Nelson, son of a local rector, in 1758.
He learned his sailing and navigation skills here on the North Norfolk coast. All Saint’s Church has a lectern made from HMS Victory’s timbers as well as flags flown at The Battle of Jutland.